REQUIREMENTS IN BREEDING
- Fresh water only
- KOIs can somehow live in salt water but it's not good in the long run.
- Water with 1% or under of salt will not do harm to KOIs in the sense of health.
- Water quality
- Must be within the range from pH6.2 to 8.5. pH6.6ü`7.5 is the most suitable
- (in case of concreted pool and fish tanküj
- Water temperature
- Must be within the range from 5 to 35 üÄ 12ü`28üÄ is the most suitable
- At 25üÄ, KOIs sharpen their appetite.
- Do not feed when the water temperature is under 12üÄ. It is assumed that it's better to change
- water temperature according to the seasons ( somehow higher in summer and somehow lower in winter)
- This is because KOIs have been created and developed in Japan where there are four seasons.
- Water hardness
- Use water of under 150ppm.
- Water of under 50ppm is preferable.
- Soft water is defined to be under 50ppm.
- Must be under 5.5. 2.0ppm or under is the most suitable
- Dissolved oxygen
- At least 5ppm is required.ü@
- As well water contains quite few or no oxygen, such water must be aerated before being used.
- Referenceü@electric conductivity(â╩ér/)
- Water of 450ü`150(â╩ér/)is usually used.
- Water shoud be poor in iron,namely under 0.1ppm.
- Water under 0.05ppm in iron is ideal.
- üyGenerally speaking, KOIs are easier to breed than tropical fish or goldfish. But be careful to keep them away from diseases. üz
The knack for beautiful Nishikigoi
How to make WHITE AREA vivid
- Remove as much nitrate as possible from the water
- Promote biological filtration for water purification. Daily, pump out the dirty water at the buttomof the fish tank or pool and add aerated water.
- Increase dissolved oxygen. Increase aeration.
- Keep the water soft (Under 50ppm). Stale soft water should be increased water cluster.
- Thorough removal of iron
- Give feed containing trace of chitin/chitosan
How to make RED AREA vivid
- Increase the pH to 7.0ü`7.2 from pH6.7 and keep the pH
- To increase pH, put coral or shells of oyster in filtration tank or in the waterway
- Give a little feed containing natural carotenoid
How to make BLACK AREA vivid
- Keep the water temerature a little lower than usual and also keep the pH a little lower than 7.2
- Decrease KOIs' exposure to the sunlight
- Fat feed should be avoided. Give such feed that causes less excrements.
- Increase hardness of the water by adding a little middle-hard water in it and after certain period of time, return the hardness to that of soft water. This has no effect to some kind of BLACK AREA.
How to incease shine
- Increase KOIs' direct exposure to the sunlight. KOIS get shine even in water of green algae.
- For KOIs in open-air pool, pupae will be effective
Let's know Japanese KOI !!
( The editing mode )
Let's know a Japanese breeding (keeping) environment.
Why is there a roof in the main pond of KOI STAFF?
It is because acid rain (pH5.2to5.8) falls in Japan.
It is because it is bad toward KOI.
It is very cold in it and 80 tons pond of Mr. Murakami in the Japanese northern part (Miyagi).
Therefore, a neighborhood is enclosed with glass.
It is because it is saving energy toward heating.
This pond leaves a window in summer.
There are these many figures in Japan.
The water temperature of summer is the highest, and it is a centigrade 33 times.
Temperature is the highest, and it is a centigrade 36 times.
How much is water temperature?
A main pond, the water temperature of 50,000 liter are celsius 8.
A sub-pond, the water temperature of 23,000 liter are celsius 6. There is no roof.
A garden pond, celsius 5 is a 3,500 liter.
There is no roof in 40 çp ( the depth of water ).
A water tank does heating 1,750 liter, and it is kept in a celsius 14.
This temperature is because it is fitted to the water temperature of a KOI farm
to be to look for a KOI in the cold time and to look for.
The pond of a water temperature centigrade 14 times and under doesn't give it food.
About food of KOI
Give it food in Japan during November from April.
It is KYORINü@KOI food that it is being used abundantly in food of KOI,
and a balance of is good.
Tetre koi food is good, too.
There are many people who use even Japan.
But, it seems to be a little short of calorie in big KOI.
It is desirable to give it to it natural food, too.
KOI likes the following thing.
The body of the shellfish
The head of the little lobster and body.
The shell of the lobster is made powder, and Hi improves when the shell of the lobster is given to it.
As for whether to give it to it how, an idea is necessary.
There are few people handled so that there may be much excrement though it gets fat well and
becomes big when a Japanese potato is given to it.
About the water quality
It pays attention to it about cutting water. As for this, popularity turns as a method which revives water.
How is it here?
1. Put a ceramic ball in the part of filtration, and how to pour air seems that be.
2. How to blow into the water seems that be the air of the micron unit.
The condition of the water seems to be all right with the story of the handled person.
It is said that oxygen melts easily.
It feels effective as a method which improves the water quality.
I want to try it if there is a chance of the effect though it can't be confirmed.
It doesn't seem to hang on the cost that much.
About the UV light
Therefore I am not being handled though it seems to be said that this is being used to make water pure.
This is being used as a sterilization of the bacteria which become a germ.
Therefore, use it only in the necessary time.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE ABOVE CONTENTS.